Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finals Week

Lets start with a huge I'm sorry for not posting in 2 weeks.  Final projects for 4 studios while crunch time at work and personal life issues does not add up to a good blogging schedule. 

However, today I had 3 of my 4 critiques and I am officially done with Drawing 2, Sculpture, and Color.  All I have left is Photo, which I worked on for about 3 hours today and I will be returning to work on tomorrow.  Final critique is Friday, but lab is only open tomorrow, so its finish or bust.  All I have to do is mount my photos so I'm not terribly concerned.  I actually had pretty good luck printing today.  I got 6 done in 2 hours, a new personal record.  No dust or anything, even I'm impressed with myself.  I'm thinking someone upstairs saw how manically stressed I was and threw me a rope, even if only a short one.  It definitely helped.  Thanks!

Guesstimating my grades for this quarter leaves me a little disappointed.  They tell you not to take 4 studios, but you never realize why until too late.  You don't really feel the pressure until about 3 weeks left in the quarter.  Then you feel compelled to drop large objects off of buildings just to see what you can break (normally trying to hit one of your projects that's taking too much time to not turn out how you wanted it to).  I know understand.  If I can avoid it I think I'll stick to 3 and no more.  They say 2 but...yeah, as always we'll see what I can take when my aneurysm splatters the wall.

All in all a very stressful two weeks filled with panic induced comas, fits of hysterics and crying, and resolving with lots of praying and apathy.  I made it through alive.  I wouldn't say intact, but as we all know, coming home with a purple heart beats the hell out of not coming home at all.  So I'll take the mediocre grades and what shreds of my sanity remain and hobble onto the next quarter.  At least that contains only photo classes and art history.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment