Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break

Today officially began my Spring Break.  And it couldn't have happened on a better day.  Its actually warm outside, its nice and sunny, and I have absolutely nothing to do but enjoy it.

This morning I had my last critique for Photo 1.  I think it went very well.  We were all very tired and over finals week, so we didn't talk a lot.  Still, its nice being done with it.  I'm looking forward to next quarter.  My project turned out very nice.  I did a lot of cropping, which is extremely unusual for me.  I'm pretty much a full frame kind of gal.  If I can't get the image I want when I take the picture I feel as though I missed something along the way.  I think all of my choices were for the best though.  Also, for the first time ever, I turned in 5 prints without a single speck of dust on them.  It only took me all quarter but I printed flawlessly!  Didn't even mess anything up when matting.  Honestly, this final could not have gone better.  When I get them back they are completely going to be decorating my walls next year.  Using my own photos for wall art, one dream accomplished.

After our critique was done I had to run over to the sculpture studio to pick up my sculpture before they trashed it.  I cannot tell you what I'm going to do with it, but I put in so much time and effort I didn't want her to just get thrown away.  I have titled her "Broken Dancer" as she has a very visible knee injury.  I think it's very appropriate.  The biggest problem was trying to fit her into my car.  As a plaster construction she isn't very flexible, and as a full time college student and worker, I tend to keep essentials in my car making it difficult to find room in my back seat.  She is currently nestled half in my trunk and balanced on a large crate in my backseat.  I hope to resolve this issue over break.  Especially considering that my front seat is occupied by a small bronze pregnant woman seat belted in to avoid hard breaking incidents.  My car is turning into a sculpture garden, and this cannot keep up.

In case anyone was interested, I have begun the process of spring cleaning my life, though I have miles to go.  The pizza box I used as a paint pallet for my color final has been thrown away, though the color aid paper is still lumped in a small mound at the foot of my bed.  My drawing supplies have been tucked away into their respective packages, but my drawing paper and board are still leaning against my bookshelf.  Its a process, you see?  It can't be rushed.  Definitely cannot be rushed when the weather outside is so lovely.  I did finally put the tripod away though.  It was getting difficult to maneuver around my room.  I'm sure that once I start to tackle the laundry issue that things will happen more quickly.

I actually plan on doing some projects over break so hopefully I won't be too wrapped up in having fun to forget to post.  I am about to start a 6 month personal drawing class.  I talked to my professor about ways to keep up with it without taking the class until September and she recommended a few things.  So as of Monday that project begins.  I've never drawn anything that wasn't assigned to me, and I'm really looking forward to it.  We'll see what becomes of it.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't check in sooner, but I'm thinkin' at least one of today's sketches should be photographed and put in here...or pick one and "polish" it a little first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you've been having too much fun? ;)

    ReplyDelete