Thursday, February 24, 2011

Drawing

Today is fairly centered around drawing.  I finished 2 projects fairly quickly today in color class (only because we'd already spent 2 days working on them and I got stuck on my paint project, the medium and I don't get along) so I took the opportunity to run down to the tunnels and try a more creative angle for my drawing homework.  I left 3 hours before it was due and was still afraid that I wouldn't be able to finish it in time.  Normally my drawing homework takes me about 4 hours to do and I'm still never fully satisfied with the results.  But today must be a good day as I finished in only an hour.  I'm going to take a break and go back to look at it.  It probably will need a lot of work with that fresh eye.

Later today though our drawing class will be traveling to the Air Force Museum to do some sketches out there.  I'm not sure exactly what we're doing, but actually going to the museum for class is something I'm looking forward to.  I mean, I've only been there about...oh a 100 times.  Being the daughter of a retired Air Force guy kinda makes you more inclined to visit.  Not a problem, I still find it fascinating.  And without my dad there I'm pretty sure I'll get to linger on whatever plane I want to.

My carving in sculpture class is actually going really well.  Its hard and tiring, but I can actually see my little model start to emerge from the plaster.  I gotta be doing something right.  I really just want it to be done.  I'm going to make a bold choice to take the weekend off from studio.  I'm not going to go to lab over the weekend.  This may mean that I will have to double time is next week to get everything done before finals really set in, but I'm going to have faith that I need this break and it won't be in vain.  I'm really starting to feel the stress of everything and I'm getting a little concerned.  I feel like I'm a giant burden to everyone around me and that I'm constantly in the way.  I just need to make it through this quarter and I'll be fine, I know it. 

The end of the quarter can't come fast enough.

Just as a side note, I went back and reprinted my contact sheets.  There was no way I could turn in those other ones.  And I made 2 prints in class yesterday and they look great!  Even the panning shot turned out decent.  I'm very excited.  One more photo project and I can move on to bigger and better things next quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment