Monday, February 21, 2011

Photo Homework

Yesterday I got to spend a lot of time with my 2 favorite people who were gracious enough to help me with my latest photo assignment.  Its a shutter speed project, so entirely dealing with motion.  I've never really done motion shots effectively, and this time I have the disadvantage of working with film.  So there is a pretty good chance that out of 72 exposures not a thing will turn out.  I'm really hoping that this doesn't happen.

But my 2 willing (if resistant) companions helped me along.  They staged fight scenes and break ups and all sorts of things.  My boyfriend did take the cake though as he allowed my friend to throw a glass full of water straight in his face all for my grade.  I don't think I've had a lot of people that dedicated to helping me around before.  That act alone was better than flowers and chocolate and anything else he's ever gotten me.  What can I say?  I definitely don't deserve him.

Unfortunately for this assignment the weather turned horrible again, thank you Ohio.  I wanted to get more outdoors shots and things like animals or something.  I had a great idea for the swing set at a park actually.  But when it drops down to the lower 40s and is raining...you don't have a lot of options.  My friend came to my rescue again today and let me steal into her guard rehearsal so I could take some pictures of her writing the work and teaching it to the group.  If they turn out I'll make it into a present for their guard.  They were really good sports about it.

Tomorrow I will finish my last roll of film, whether the weather works with me or not.  Then I get to develop and make my contact sheet, praying the entire time that there will be some usable images amongst the mayhem.  Here's hopin'!

1 comment:

  1. I still think you could have gotten a shot or two of Tigger and Patches running and playing. They were willing ;)

    ReplyDelete