Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Case of the Tuesdays

Holy crap, its week 4.  When the quarter is only 10 weeks long things tend to sneak up on you.  Like how next week is mid-terms.  I haven't even begun to study (big big problem) on top of my projects to do.  Granted, I have a very meticulous schedule, so I'm not actually behind.  I just keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking I have forgotten to do something.  I stop hanging out with friends because I'm convinced that there was something huge and epic I had to do so I don't have time for fun.  I'm stressed to the max, I haven't had an appetite in nearly a week (food isn't fun when its forced, just fyi), and I feel as though my newly adorable haircut is going to turn prematurely grey.  And not that cool artistic streaks of white, but that heinous nasty homeless guy drab grey color.  White I could handle.  Not necessarily with the world's best grace, but I could definitely handle it.

Oh well.  I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm not behind, I am organized, I haven't missed any classes or readings so I do actually know my material.  I have no tests for over a week still.  I have the whole weekend to study.  And its Holy week!  God is with me.  Deep breath.

On a happier note I am incredibly ahead on my portraiture assignment for digital photo.  I took nearly 200 pictures at my friend's rehearsal.  So thank you to Gateway Percussion for letting me invade your finals day rehearsal.  You all looked amazing and I couldn't have asked for better shots.  I have the lovely task of editing them, but it doesn't even feel like work.  They were such great performers that I keep getting wrapped up in every little facial expression made.  Absolutely fantastic.  I must have spent an hour and a half the other day just looking at them.  I'm hoping to get them copies to put on their facebook page or website.  Look them up, I know they'd love the company.  My only regret is that I didn't get any shots in uniform.  Oh well, they didn't need them.  Seriously, AMAZING performers.  Great job guys!

But I did get fairly involved with taking pictures of other people and forgot that I need pictures of myself.  I need to get on that pretty soon.  I only need 4, and I don't plan on taking flattering pictures.  Let's face it, we're only truly flattering a very small fraction of the time.  God made me the way I am when I wake up in the morning, or when I tanked a quiz, or when I pulled an all nighter writing an essay.  Those are the shots I want.  Since they're of me I'll probably be able to post those on here.  And I know I haven't posted a lot of pics, but the files are large and it takes awhile to organize that kind of post.  I tend to write these posts in my spare time between (sometimes during class breaks) classes.  That means random school computers and no time.  So maybe this summer I'll be more diligent.  Or start a flickr page or something.  We'll see.

Also, keep the prayers going, I just had my interview for the Paris/London trip this winter.  I left my portfolio for a scholarship possibility.  fingers crossed!

And back to studying for my many mid-terms next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Add a link to their page when you get their pics posted - it'll make it easier for us to find them :)

    ReplyDelete