Friday, April 8, 2011

Expenditures

I am realizing a new cost in the wonderful world of photography.  Besides all the film, the paper, the negative carriers, the matting, the everything that makes my budget a living hell I now understand that even pixels aren't that cheap.  I have to shoot 100 shots of roughly 15 different color situations.  This means that I will be unable to accomplish my homework assignment in my apartment or on campus.  Not a big deal, right?  I love going out and photographing nature and cityscapes and such.  What I never fully took into account is the amount of gas that I have to use to drive to all of these wonderful places to shoot my homework assignments.  Especially for my B/W class.  I may only have to take 6 pictures, but they still have to be good pictures.  I'm not going to waste film on pictures of my laundry basket or my parking lot.  That means going somewhere.  And when you live in the city or suburbia, that usually means driving to that location, probably 20 minutes or so.  Gas prices are going to kill my education simply because I can't afford to drive someplace to shoot!  Its just not something you plan for until it slaps you in the face.  I don't know, maybe I'm just naive.  Guess its time to start looking for another job.  I'll sleep when I'm dead, right?

1 comment:

  1. We'll figure it out - won't be easy and Congress isn't helping (grrrrrr) but God will provide and show us the right path. I'm just praying we see it this time! ;) *HUG*

    ReplyDelete