Thursday, April 7, 2011

Digital Media

We live in a digital age.  I accept that.  For the most part I embrace it.  While I still love the tactile relationship with actual film and paper books, I understand why technology is good and why we should embrace it.

That being said, I have 3 classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I start the day with a 3.5 hour digital photography class (where I look at a computer screen), followed by 2 art history classes that last 2 hours each (where I stare at Powerpoints on the wall and take notes on my computer).  This means that for roughly 7.5 hours I am required to look at a computer screen.  This doesn't include what I do outside of class (like blogging or checking facebook, sending emails and netflix, etc).  I realized today that I truly live on my computer.

I realize this as I chug caffeinated beverages to fight back the headache I get from looking at a computer screen all day.  So I will sum up today with that note.  Technology good.  Now its time to make technology to combat our technology.  This much soda can't be good for me.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee is much better for you as a caffeine source - documented. Jus' sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete