Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mid terms

I'm gonna keep this fairly short, but I felt as though I should update.  Its officially week 5...half way done actually.  I have taken 1.5 midterms.  One of them has a take home portion so I can't really call that one done yet.  I have another 2 tomorrow.  And for the first time since BMZ all those ages ago at Miami I have a real live practical midterm.  I'm pretty excited about it.  For digital photo my prof is having us go take pictures during the exam, come back and edit them as the grade.  I think its a great idea and I'm pumped.  The other is art history.  I think my first one went pretty well, and that was a 400 level class while this one is only a 200, but its still an exam so we'll see.  I have a paper due Friday as well, technically 2 with a presentation attatched to the first one.  Now you will understand why I haven't really posted.  All that on top of shooting assignments and starting 2 new jobs has put a little bit of strain on my time.  Cuts had to be made and sorry, this blog is low man on the totem pole.  Things should ease up next week, hopefully.

On the plus side of things I got a decent sized scholarship for next year which will defnitely help my loan situation.  Yay!  I got accepted into the Pari/London trip, though I'm still waiting to hear about the scholarship.  They hope to announce Friday, keep the prayers coming.  I think I actually did really well on my portraiture assignment for digital, yay again.  That will boost things a bit after the first assignment of B.  I'm pretty sure I'm gonna resubmit it for a better grade.  Just not until things calm down.  May.  Things will be calm in May, I'm sure.

I'm getting slightly behind in my B/W class which is disheartening as it is my favorite.  I ruined roughly $30 worth of film and need to buy more.  I also need to start preparing for my final assignment which means paper, film, etc.  The new job should help a bit.  If you know someone who needs a tutor at Wright State, highly encourage them to go lol.  I need more appointments (primarily math, if you'd believe that from an art major). 

So I have a busy weekend of shooting and developing to get caught up after I grab some more film, hopefully cheap.  Thank God I had left over RC paper from photo 1 and didn't have to buy more.  That will help a lot.  I am going to need more fiber though.  Big printing assignment due the 11th.  She is providing a good chunk of paper though, so thats nice.

And I failed at short, but I think I hit all the major bullet points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment